Welcome to the "Strictly Bull Terriers" Forum. This is a Bull Terrier Forum dedicated to all the true English Bull Terrier enthusiasts around the world.

Introducing 1.5 year old EBT to baby

Hello! My husband and I have a beautiful EBT named Max. In November we will be bringing home our first baby girl. Max will be 1.5 years old and we're looking for any advice to help make this introduction and new changes as smooth as possible for baby and max.

Max is very energetic, loves being around people and going to the dog park. He has never been around a baby before though.
IMG_2909.JPG
750 x 1334 - 228K

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    I'm sure Max will be very happy to have a playmate! Just keep Max calm during introduction because he might want to play and have a hard time playing gently at first. Keep the introduction short and sweet on the first day. Allow the puppy some time of her own to get used to her new environment without too much stress since she is so young. Just having the puppy in the house and Max getting used to the new scent of another dog will do him some good. Most adult Bull Terriers are naturally good with puppies but can a little hyper and rambunctious with excitement that may be too much for such a young pup. Just give them time to get to know each other. Once the newness wears off the over-excitement will too.
    Show us some photos when the new addition arrives!

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
  • I think they are bringing home a human baby ???? ????
  • Haha yes to clarify our human baby is due in November! Thank you for the puppy advice for future. But any advice with human babies is much appreciated!!!
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Geeeez..... I must be losing my mind! I'm sorry, I read the post so fast that I must have just drifted into thinking you were getting a new baby bullie. #-o b-(
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
  • My partner and I are expecting my first child (daughter) in November also, and we have a 16 month bullie. Will be interesting. im not too worried, she toes the line with most things. I'll still keep a close eye on her always, she is a dog.